Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Speed Work

Today we did speed work. We ran the first mile at an easy pace. Our first speed mile was supposed to be at 8:05 which we maintained the whole time until the last 1/3 mile which was downhill and brought our average to 7:55. Then we walked/jogged for a half mile before our second one started. We were supposed to run the second one at 8:00 and stayed right under it the whole mile even with the slight hill at the end and finished it with a 7:57 average which is great considering how much harder the second mile was than the first not including how tired I already was. All-in-all I felt good and I really do like how much speed work helps me with my pace.

Tomorrow: forecast looks rainy so I'll hit spin instead of try to ride outside.

No comments: