Today was a freakin' long tempo run. It was 7 miles total with 5 at tempo (8:40 pace). Mentally on a Monday morning I wasn't excited...thank goodness I was meeting some awesome girls to get me out of bed.
I drank lots of water yesterday and a big glass before the run this morning. I also took 3 endurolytes. At mile 3 (mile 2 of the tempo) I took 3 Shot Bloks to keep my legs moving. We finished the 5 miles at 8:30 pace (faster than we needed too - woo hoo). The last 1.5 miles we kicked it up to about an 8:00 min/mile which helped our overall pace.
My left hip (inside) was killing me when we first started then after about 1/2 mile during warm up I felt ok until we stopped at the end of our 5 miles at tempo. We walked for a few blocks then we when started running again my hip hurt so bad I could barely run. UGH!
This week we have our 18 mile run!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment