Thursday, July 30, 2009

18 Miles

Another all-time longest run for me. I did my normal routine. Lots of water the day before, half a banana, 2 endorolytes and a big glass of water before the run. I drank almost 60 oz of water during the run, did an AccelGel at mile 8 and Shot Bloks at mile 15. No cramping in the gut or my legs. Which is just so great!!! We averaged 9:49 min/mile pace. I had to stop to pee at mile 9.5 and somehow managed to run under 8:30 pace for a good half mile trying to catch up and it actually felt good to stretch out the legs a little.

I really need to get new shoes. Mine are old and worn down and I think that's why my left knee and hip have been hurting.

I did a recovery drink, lots of water throughout the day and a 10 minute ice bath after the run. I stretched several times throughout the day and this morning I wasn't too sore. It was nice to earn a rest day today and get to sleep in (although I woke up on my own at 6:30 and had to make myself fall back asleep).

Tomorrow - 6 miles easy pace

No comments: