I can't believe it. I ran 16 miles this morning and I felt good. No cramping at all. WOO HOO!!! We took it nice and easy (avg time was just over 10 min/miles) which is exactly where I training says we should be.
I ate 1/2 a banana, took 3 endorolytes and drank water before I left. Took an AccelGel at mile 7 and Shot Bloks at mile 12. I drank 20 oz of water and 10 oz of Gatorade. This is the first time I haven't cramped up during or after a run. Yesterday I drank and drank and drank water until I almost floated away. (I think that helped too).
I was super late for work (10 am...oops!) so I didn't have time for an ice bath but I did ice both of my knees when I got home and drank an Accelerade recovery drink. Tonight I'll stretch and if I'm sore I'll take an ice bath.
I'm feeling good about the marathon. I know I have 10 more miles to run and couldn't do it today but I feel like I'm figuring things out and feeling better every run we do. We still have lots more long runs before the race. My next hurdle (besides running 26 miles) is to figure out my perfect outfit. I'm going for function, comfort and at least a little bit of sassy.
Tomorrow I rest then Friday we do our easy 4 mile run.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations!!! I am way proud of you. Keep up the good works. I know you will do great.
Post a Comment