Today I ran the furthest I've ever run. I know I'll be hitting this milestone a lot for the next few months but it was still cool. It really sucked to run alone but at least the beach had lots of interesting people to watch and I had my iPod.
I ate a banana and took 3 endorolytes before I left with a big glass of water. I did an AccelGel at mile 6 and Shot Bloks at mile 10. I brought my fuel belt with water and Gatorade and alternated between them. I felt good on the run and never felt cramps or like I was going to bonk. I did have a few issues when I got home but for the most part my cramping was much better today. I made a big effort the past 2 days to drink extra water which I think helped.
When I got back I drank a recovery drink, more water and finished off my Gatorade. Then I went to find the kids down at the Bay and stood in the freezing ocean water up to my waist for a little while instead of doing an ice bath.
I feel pretty good and hopefully the long drive home won't make me stiff or sore.
One thing I am doing for sure is getting different bottoms for long runs. I am so chaffed it's ridiculous. No cute skirt for the marathon that's a 5K kinda outfit :)
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment